Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Discretionary Response

A man's discretion makes him slow to anger,
And it is his glory to overlook a transgression.
Proverbs 19:11

Have you ever heard someone tell you that "I have a right to be mad!"  I have to admit, as an American, I see my own rights as being very important. All to often, I think of myself first and foremost in any situation.

However, that is not the attitude of Jesus Christ. Peter tells us about His response to offenses against Him. Choosing to overlook a transgression IS a response. And based on Scripture, it is the one that honors Christ and shows His light through you.

and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, 
He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously;
1 Peter 2:23

Before you think about your rights, remember the rights, position and worship that Jesus set aside to deliver you. Treat others with that love, so that you can honor His sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed, but I seek to carry on respectful discourse.