Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Identify Yourself! Friend or Foe?


Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.
Proverbs 27:6

I have several men in my life that I trust to tell me the truth when I ask them a question. Even if they think, or know, that I might not like the answer. Every man should have such men in his life, men who know you're a sinful idiot and love you anyway.

But, let's turn that verse on its head: If a friend answers my questions truthfully and tells me the truth even if it might cause me, or my ego, pain, what does that make someone who tells me a "little white lie" so that they either don't have to hurt my feelings or don't want to have to defend or establish their position? Those actions sound deceitful to me...

Jesus told us in Matthew 5:37 "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil."

Are you a faithful friend, or a deceitful enemy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed, but I seek to carry on respectful discourse.