Thursday, February 28, 2013

Are You Running Scared?


The wicked flee when no one is pursuing,
But the righteous are bold as a lion.
Proverbs 28:1

What is your reaction when the boss calls you and tells you to come to his office? Do you have a moment of panic where you ask yourself: "Did he find out about what I did?" What about "I hope he doesn't ask me about that project (that I'm behind schedule on)". Just to be clear, I know the questions you probably ask yourself, because they run through my mind too!

But Peter tells us in 1 Peter 2:12 "Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation". We should live our lives in such integrity and faithful conduct that we can boldly walk into the bosses office without being afraid of our actions being found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed, but I seek to carry on respectful discourse.